President Museveni has outlined six questions that he says must be answered as investigations into the untimely gruesome murder of the Indian money lender Uttam Bhandari by the police constable Ivan Wabwire.
Wbwire on Friday reportedly shot and killed Bandari at the latter’s office in Kampala.
Museveni said in a statement that all these mistakes are easily traceable. In this case, for instance, some questions immediately come up:
Below are the questions
1. How did an off-duty Policeman access a gun?
2. Did he walk away from his guard post without permission with a gun to commit a crime?
3. How are guns stored in the Police?
4. Is there no security at the site where the victim was?
5. Why did that local security allow an armed person into the building who had no guard business there? Then, there is the question of the mental state of this Policeman.
6. Did he have a history of mental instability? If he had, why hadn’t the Police leadership noticed and acted appropriately?
“The answers to these questions may help us to plug the gaps in the security system. Condolences to the family of Bhandari,” he said.